Toulouse Capitole University was delighted to welcome 15 researchers from 9 ENGAGE universities. The event was intended to provide a platform for researchers to collaborate and improve their expertise by working with other researchers on the topic of gender equality.
ENGAGE EU Think Tank
The Think Tank ENGAGE EU is organized each year on a topic related to social challenges. This year, Toulouse Capitole University has been chosen to host the second edition of the Think Tank ENGAGE EU on the theme: “Tackling gender inequalities to build a more sustainable ‘new normal’ in Europe”. The event took place from 30 May to 2 June 2023.
A Think Tank to bring together researchers from the ENGAGE.EU alliance
The event allowed participants to meet European researchers working on similar topics and to encourage them to develop collaborative research projects. They were also able to meet researchers from Toulouse Capitole University.
The roundtables, conferences and workshops were an opportunity for participants to share their experiences and obtain new insights into current developments in gender inequality.
Three round tables were organized on:
– Women in industry, with the association Women in Aerospace EUROPE;
– Gender equality network session, with the Equality referents from our partner universities;
– Gender equality, the case of economist in academia, with Emmanuelle Auriol, Professor of Economics at Toulouse Capitole University.
A workshop organised by the ENGAGE Grant Desk also provided researchers with useful information about European funding opportunities.
At the end of the week, three research projects have been presented by the participants on:
- Gender Equality and the glass ceiling;
- New forms of gender inequalities on LinkedIn;
- Gender inequality and ChatGPT.
The event launched the construction of a network of researchers from the ENGAGE alliance on the theme of ‘Gender Equality’!